Friday, April 24, 2009

Ghosts





When I was 24 I fell in love for the first time in my life. It happened in a snow covered mountain in a moment much like this one. It was also the first time I attempted to use infrared film. I ended up climbing into the trunk of my car to load the film in total darkness. When I got out of the car, the girl I was with caught me by surprise when she started to undress herself in freezing cold. I began to take pictures of her and followed her every sway through the iris. At some point a group of kids started walking down the hill and I quickly covered her with my jacket. On the drive home we listened to Brian Eno's An Ending (Ascent) and she eventually fell asleep. When I got home I discovered that I hadn't loaded the film properly and that those moments were lost.

These amazing photos come from a British artist by the name of Hannah Davis.

No comments:

 
Copyright 2009 Phantasmagoria Machine. Powered by Blogger Blogger Templates create by Deluxe Templates. WP by Masterplan